Earlier I posted about iTunes angriness was caused by msvcr120.dll and how I needed to reinstall Microsoft Visual Basic to fix the problem. Well that is true, it fixed ONE problem. After reinstalling all that shit and then some I dug into the logs in event viewer to see if I could find out more information about why itunes was being such a cranky asshole.

It randomly crashed, I couldn’t use the remote app on my phone, etc. So I started digging through the logs AGAIN. The more recent errors displayed, “bad interface index 22” After a little bit of digging, I learned¬†itunes does not play well with TCP/IPv6. Once I disabled IPv6 all my problems went away.

For now.